Pasta with Pesto
1. 450 gm of dried tagliatelle or fresh tagliatelle, both work
2. 2 cloves of garlic
3. 25 gm of pine nuts
4. 115 gm fresh basil leaves
5. 55 gm grated parmesan
6. 125 ml olive oil
7. A few basil leaves to garnish
8. Salt and pepper to taste
All the weights and measurements are set to serve 4 people. Scale up or down accordingly.
1. Bring a large pan of salted water to boil. Add your pasta and cook for 8-10 minutes or until tender but firm to bite.
2. In the meantime, put garlic, pine nuts, salt and basil in a food processor and process briefly. Add in the olive oil slowly while the motor is still running to make a creamy paste like sauce. Scrape all out in a bowl and beat it while adding parmesan cheese. The pesto is done here.