White Bean Soup
1. 175 gm dried cannellini beans, soaked overnight in cold water
2. 1.5 litres of vegetable stock
3. 115 dried soup pasta like corallini or conchigliette piccolo
4. 6 tbsp olive oil
5. 2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
6. 4 tbsp chopped fresh flat leaf parsley
7. Salt and pepper, to taste
8. Fresh crusty bread, to serve
All the weights and measurement are set so that it serves 4 people. Scale up or scale down accordingly.
1. Drain the beans and place them in a large heavy base saucepan. Add all the stock and boil till fork tender.
2. Transfer half of the beans in the food processor and process till a smooth puree is obtained. Return the beans to the saucepan and bring to boil. Alternatively, use a hand blender to blend half the beans directly in the saucepan.
3. Add the soup pasta, bring to boil until the pasta is cooked.
4. In the meantime, heat 4 tbsp olive oil in a pan and add the garlic. Cook it until its golden brown. Slowly stir it in the soup along with the parsley. Add salt and pepper in the soup to taste. The soup is ready to be served.
5. Ladle out the soup in a soup bowl and garnish with some olive oil. Serve with fresh crusty bread on the side.