Roasted garlic mashed potatoes
1. 2 whole garlic bulbs
2. Olive oil (as needed)
3. 900 gm of peeled russet potatoes (if russet cannot be found, any will do)
4. 125 ml milk
5. 55 gm butter
6. Salt and pepper (to taste)
1. Separate the garlic cloves and place on a baking tray. Drizzle the olive oil and roast the cloves in a preheated oven at 1800C for about an hour. After roasting, take them out and let cool.
2. Once garlic is done, cut the potatoes into chunks and boil until fork tender. Alternatively, cook them in a pressure cooker till 1 whistle.
3. Squeeze cooled garlic out of their skins and into a saucepan through a sieve. Add milk and butter. Season with salt and pepper. Heat it gently till butter melts.
4. Drain the potatoes, then mash and mash until it looks smooth. Pour in the milk slowly and keep on mixing. Do this over the heat. Mix and mix until the ingredients are combined. Serve while it’s still hot.