1. 2 large ripe avocados
2. Juice of a lime, to taste
3. Olive oil, 1-2 tsp
4. Half an onion, chopped almost finely
5. 1 fresh green chili, like poblano or jalapeno will do
6. 1 garlic clove, crushed
7. A 4th of a tsp of ground cumin
8. 1 freshly chopped coriander or cilantro, wherever you’re in the world
9. Half a tomato, chopped almost finely (This is optional)
This recipe serves 4 so scale up or scale down the ingredients for larger or smaller crowd accordingly.
1. Cut the avocados lengthways and remove the stone from them.
2. Peel them and coarsely chop them. Then add onions, crushed garlic clove, tomatoes, and chilies and start mashing with back of a fork.
3. Once mixed thoroughly, add the olive oil, lime juice, cumin and coriander and mix again.
4. Guacamole is ready to be served. It is advisable to consume it fast as avocado tend to discolor.
5. Transfer all the ingredients to a serving dish and serve with pita or nachos.