- 300 gm pasta of your choice
- Olive oil (as required)
- 250 gm mushroom
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- 275 ml vegetable stock
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 6 tbsp cream cheese
- 200 gm frozen or fresh spinach
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Cook the pasta in a large pan of salted water until its andante. Drain, and reserve 175 ml of the pasta water.
- In the meantime, heat the olive oil in a heavy based pan on medium heat. Add mushrooms and cook until crisp. Stir in the oregano, lemon juice and stock and reduce it by half.
- Stir in the cream cheese and spinach. Spinach should wilt down in no time. Cook for another 3-5 minutes over low heat and add the pasta water. Cook again for 4-5 minutes and season to taste. Remember it should be piping hot before serving.